Intermediate Integrity Engineer
Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team partners with clients to provide engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM), permitting, survey, and environmental services across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry. We design facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like processing plants and field facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop new and inventive ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Explore your career options with us.
Our Oil & Gas team is currently seeking an Intermediate Integrity Engineer to join our Integrity group.
The primary role of the Intermediate Integrity Engineer is to support Project Managers working on Integrity-related projects such as in-line-inspections (ILIs), above ground surveys, integrity of terminals/facilities, various engineering and integrity assessments (crack, corrosion, dent, materials, crossings), risk-based assessments, and asset reliability evaluations. The Intermediate Integrity Engineer will also be expected to coordinate and manage some of these integrity projects. The Intermediate Integrity Engineer shall have strong analytical/technical skills, with focus on accurate, repeatable data gathering and analysis, ensuring high quality deliverables to the Client. The candidate should be innovative, have a strong work ethic and contribute towards a positive team environment. This position is linked to growing demand from a major midstream client and requires routine direct client interaction. Effective written and oral communication skills are essential.
Your Key Responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Intermediate Integrity Engineer fall into three (3) categories: technical, administrative and project coordination. The relative amount of technical, administrative, project coordination roles will vary depending upon project load.
- Coordinate and prepare Project Execution Plans for ILIs and Integrity Investigations
- Complete data analysis for NDE, ILI, and a variety of Integrity inspection programs
- Assist in report preparation for pipeline and terminal inspections/assessments and other field-based projects
- Assist in data integration with reliance on spreadsheets and databases
- Assist with pipeline and facility integrity assessments
- Utilize applicable technical knowledge to add value to projects
- Strengthen technical knowledge through on-the-job, informal and formal training
- Conduct system wide risk-based and reliability assessments, based on material properties, severity of damage mechanisms, defect susceptibility, environment, consequence areas, etc.
- Be familiar with and ensure appropriate reference material is utilized at all times
- Be familiar with the applicable codes, regulations and legislation
- Participate in monthly Integrity meetings
- Liaise with other divisions
- Comply with Stantec's EH&S program, with a focus on safety in the field
- Establish and maintain positive client relationships
- Strengthen project management knowledge
- Potential field-related work such as participating in facility inspections
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering (or equivalent); Related post-graduate degree (MSc, PhD) preferred.
- Registered Professional Engineer (APEGA or equivalent).
Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in:
- 5 years of experience, preferably related to asset (pipelines/facilities) integrity within the Canadian oil and gas industry
- Pipeline integrity related projects and programs
- Experience conducting risk assessments (qualitative, semi-quantitative, quantitative) and reliability evaluations would be an asset
- Strong technical report writing proficiency
- Sound interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem solving skills are essential
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Proven initiative, flexibility and adaptability
- An understanding of project management and controls processes for Integrity projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS-Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Experience with programming software (Matlab, Python, R, Visual Basic)
- Experience with pipeline reliability software (such as PIRAMED, ReliaSoft)
Typical office environment working with computers.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Petroleum Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190002SY
Back to top