Intermediate Integrity Engineer
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Our Oil & Gas team is currently seeking an Intermediate Integrity Stress Engineer to join our Integrity group.
The primary role of the Intermediate Integrity Stress Engineer is to support ongoing Integrity, Oil & Gas, and internal Stantec projects outside Oil & Gas. These projects require thorough knowledge of stress analyses of pipelines, piping, pressure vessels, and structural components using fundamental mechanics and finite element analysis. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the ability to relate fundamental mechanics principles to various stress scenarios or analysis techniques.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct stress analysis of above & below ground pipelines, piping, vessels, and structural components
- Conduct detailed finite element analysis (FEA) of above & below ground pipelines, piping, vessels, and structural components
- Experience and/or knowledge of modelling heat transfer and welding in FEA
- Demonstrated experience modelling ground movement (eg. geohazards) interactions with buried pipelines
- Conducting permanent and temporary pipeline crossing assessments
- Experience in conducting fitness-for-service (FFS) evaluations of corrosion, cracks, and deformations (eg. API 579 Level 1/2/3) including the use of advanced analysis techniques when appropriate
- Experience in metallurgy and fracture mechanics is an asset
- Familiarity with pipeline integrity assessments (in-line inspection, crack, corrosion, deformation) and non-destructive examination (NDE) techniques is an asset
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of project management principles is an asset
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- 5+ years of detailed stress analysis experience
- Traditional stress analysis software (eg. AutoPIPE)
- Finite element analysis (FEA) with Abaqus (mandatory experience)
- Significant experience in finite element analysis (FEA) using Abaqus
- Registered with APEGA
- Experience related to asset integrity within the O&G industry would be an asset
- Strong technical proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills are essential
- Demonstrated process improvement skills
- Proven initiative, flexibility and adaptability to widely varying projects, schedules, deliverables, and clients
Education and Experience
Engineering Degree in mechanical engineering, materials, or similar
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top