Intermediate Geotechnical Technician
Your Opportunity Geotechnical Engineering: We provide comprehensive geotechnical services, ranging from field explorations and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures.
We're at the forefront of new commercial and institutional sites, transportation facilities, flood control structures, mining developments, near shore and offshore structures, green energy developments, utility expansions, water supply assessments, oil and gas facilities, and pipelines -you'll find us working everywhere from urban cores to remote northern outposts. By expanding our depth and range of professional services we ensure community improvements are built on solid ground. Our continued growth gives our team opportunity to work with clients across multiple sectors on technically challenging and transformational projects.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can build a rock solid future.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Technician to join our team in our Stoney Creek, or London, ON office.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with engineers and other technicians performing general duties consisting of both field and laboratory work including the following:
- Construction QA/QC Monitoring and Testing:
- Completion of a full range of standard laboratory tests in soils and concrete laboratories
- Fill placement and compaction monitoring
- Asphalt Concrete placement inspection and testing
- Fresh and hardened concrete monitoring and testing in accordance with the applicable CSA Standards
- Assisting in resolution of technical issues on construction sites
- Various other QA/QC field and laboratory testing services
- Reporting : You will be required to regularly complete detailed field and laboratory reports and submit them to the laboratory or project manager
- Operations : You will be expected to support team operations and play an integral part in the promotion of our health and safety culture, client relations, equipment and resources maintenance and management, and other related duties will be expected
- Mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced professionals as required
- Occasionally assist with field and laboratory testing of soils/concrete/asphalt
- Assistance with proposal and report preparation in the office
- Other general field and office related duties
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Energetic team player with a commitment to superior client service
- Experience working with minimum supervision
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- A valid Driver's License is required
- Completion of a two- or three-year college program in civil engineering technology would be an asset
- Willingness to work away from home from time to time
- Willingness to work overtime as required
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top