Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Your Opportunity Stantec strives to be a leading global design firm and our geotechnical engineering team provides a solid foundation to our civil projects. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We perform geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we're bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
Your Duties We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer . The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Edmonton, Alberta office where many of Stantec's design projects take place, it is expected that your technical skills will help continue the growth of the geotechnical team. This role will allow you to leverage your more than 8 years of local and practical geotechnical project experience, participating in technical project work.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working on a variety of projects spanning from transportation, industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geo-hazard work
- Collaborating with our senior staff to complete geotechnical engineering design/analysis, recommendations and prepare geotechnical reports to address applicable issues, such as: foundation design, slope stability, site development/remediation and others.
- Preparing proposals
- Project managing multiple geotechnical projects
- Client and contractor management
- Mentoring, coaching and training of less experienced professionals as required
- Site inspection/supervision
- Travel required for various field programs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from a recognized university; Post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in geotechnical engineering design and consulting, primarily in Alberta or Western Canada
- Strong client, sub-consultant and contractor management experience
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g. GeoStudio™, LPile, gINT® and Settle 3D)
- Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA, or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing and verbal communication are essential
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top