Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Edmonton, Alberta office where many of Stantec's design projects take place, it is expected that your technical skills will help continue the growth of the geotechnical team. This role will allow you to leverage your more than 6 years of local and practical geotechnical project experience, participating in technical project work.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of projects spanning from transportation, industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geo-hazard work
- Collaborating with our senior staff to complete geotechnical engineering design/analysis, recommendations and prepare geotechnical reports to address applicable issues, such as foundation design, slope stability, site development/remediation, and others.
- Preparing proposals
- Task managing multiple geotechnical projects
- Client and contractor management
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of less experienced professionals as required
- Site inspection/supervision
- Travel as-required for various field programs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong client, sub-consultant and contractor management experience
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g. GeoStudio™, LPile, gINT® and Settle 3D)
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing, and verbal communication are essential
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from a recognized university; Postgraduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
Minimum of 6 years' experience in geotechnical engineering design and consulting, primarily in Alberta or Western Canada
Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA, or the ability to obtain the professional designation.
Typical office environment includes working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001Q3
Back to top