Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
- Edmonton, Canada
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Edmonton, Alberta office where many of Stantec's design projects take place, it is expected that your technical skills will help continue the growth of the geotechnical team. This role will allow you to leverage your more than 8 years of local and practical geotechnical project experience, participating in technical project work.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of projects spanning from transportation, industrial developments as well as linear corridors and geohazard work
- Collaborating with our senior staff to complete geotechnical engineering design/analysis, recommendations and prepare geotechnical reports to address applicable issues, such as: foundation design, slope stability, site development/remediation and others
- Preparing proposals
- Task managing multiple geotechnical projects
- Client and contractor management
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of less experienced professionals as required
- Site inspection/supervision
- Travel as required for various field programs
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong client, sub-consultant, and contractor management experience
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g. GeoStudio™, LPile, gINT® and Settle 3D)
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing, and verbal communication are essential
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors' degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering
Post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
Minimum of 8 years' experience in geotechnical engineering design and consulting, primarily in Alberta or Western Canada
Professional Engineer in good standing with APEGA, or the ability to obtain the professional designation
Typical office environment includes working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001M5
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top