Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec strives to be a leading global design firm and our Geotechnical Engineering team provides a solid foundation to our civil projects. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex Geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. We perform Geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we're bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
The role of Intermediate Geotechnical Engineer provides the opportunity to work on Engineering and Geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Burnaby, British Columbia office where many of Stantec's design projects take place, it is expected that your technical skills will help continue the growth of the geotechnical team. This role will allow you to leverage your more than 7 years of local and practical geotechnical project experience, participating in technical project work.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of projects spanning from transportation, commercial/industrial developments, water and wastewater, transmission and oil & gas
- Collaborating with our senior staff to complete Geotechnical Engineering design/analysis, recommendations and prepare Geotechnical reports to address applicable issues, such as: site preparation, ground improvement options, foundation design (shallow and deep foundations), slope stability, liquefaction assessments and others.
- Preparing proposals (developing scopes and budgets) with minimal supervision
- Project managing multiple geotechnical projects
- Client and contractor management
- Overseeing work performed by Technicians and EIT's
- Site inspection/supervision, as needed
- Travel required for various field programs, as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Familiar with local bylaws, and design codes (eg. BCBC, NBCC, CSA-S6-14)
- Strong client, sub-consultant and contractor management experience
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g. GeoStudio™, LPile, and Settle 3D)
- Experience with software such SHAKE, Plaxis and FLAC would be an asset
- Professional Engineer in good standing with EGBC, with P.Eng. designation
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing and verbal communication are essential
Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering from a recognized university; Post graduate degree in Geotechnical Engineering would be an asset
Seven (7) to 10 years' experience in geotechnical engineering design and consulting, preferably in British Columbia or Western Canada.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180001H4
Back to top