Intermediate Geological Engineer
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we're full-service, we mean it. You'll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that's rock solid. Join our team today!
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Geological Engineer within our Geotechnical team based in our Edmonton, Alberta office. In this role, you will primarily lead and support trenchless assessments for linear (oil, gas, municipal pipelines and electrical cables) projects. Additional responsibilities will include geohazard assessments, landslide remediation and foundation design.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare proposals, geotechnical reports including geotechnical data reports (GDR) and geotechnical baseline reports (GBR)
- Perform feasibility evaluations, geotechnical analysis and design and reporting pertaining to pipeline projects including trenchless crossings (HDD, microtunnelling, auger bore, etc.) and facilities (pump stations, compressor stations, valve sites, etc.)
- Perform engineering analysis, remedial design and reporting for geohazards such as slope instabilities along pipelines, highways and railways
- Ensure that assessments and designs are in accordance with the current Standards, Codes of Practice and Best Practices
- Supervise junior staff undertaking geotechnical investigations for trenchless and trenched crossings, facilities and geohazards
- Undertake site visits for pipeline route/crossing assessments and geohazards evaluation.
- Participate in the growth strategy to build business and expand trenchless capabilities
- A strong desire to work with, mentor and coach junior staff
- Effectively and clearly communicate technical solutions to other team members and clients
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency with standard geotechnical design software (e.g. Geo-Studio suite, etc.) is required
- Familiarity with trenchless design and construction is required
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Proven organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Education and Experience
Master's Degree in Geological Engineering, or Civil with a strong emphasis in geotechnical engineering and design
Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) and either in good standing with APEGA, or eligible for registration in Alberta
Minimum of 6 to 8 years of geotechnical consulting experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900020B
Back to top