Intermediate Fisheries Biologist (Full Time)
Your Opportunity: 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties: An opportunity exists for a talented and ambitious Intermediate Fisheries Biologist in our Burnaby, Sidney, or Terrace, BC offices. In this intermediate role, you will be involved in the following:
- Coordinating, managing, and leading field programs
- Preparing technical reports and coordinating large datasets.
- Supervising and directing junior staff
- Developing and maintaining client contacts.
- Preparing proposal and marketing materials
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A Bachelor's degree in Biology is required and a Master's degree in Biology is preferred
- Registered Professional Biologist accreditation preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a fisheries biologist, with experience in freshwater systems in BC
- Consulting experience is required
- An electrofishing certificate is required
- Proven technical, communication, writing and organization skills
- Project management skills are an asset
- Experience conducting fish and fish habitat assessments, analyzing data, developing habitat compensation plans, and preparing technical reports
- Knowledge of current provincial and federal government regulatory requirements
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Additional terrestrial (e.g. vegetation, wildlife) field experience is considered an asset
- Experience and availability for regular field work locally and in remote locations for up to 14 days at a time
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top