Intermediate Environmental Engineer, Geologist, or Scientist
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking a Geologist/Hydrogeologist to support our team of environmental professional, in our Indianapolis, IN office. The position will support the completion of environmental site investigation and remediation projects. Primary responsibilities will be related to performing key tasks to support groundwater flow and contaminant transport modeling, hydrogeologic investigations, conceptual site model development, remediation system evaluation, remedial system design, monitoring and maintenance, and statistical analysis of geologic and groundwater chemistry data. Responsibilities are anticipated to include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and completion of environmental assessments including:
- Aquifer testing and data analysis
- Groundwater and contaminant transport modeling
- Interpretation of analytical laboratory results
- Analysis and interpretation of environmental data
- Drilling and soil sampling programs
- Development of conceptual site models
- Geologic and hydrogeologic research
- Project management
- Collaborate with other scientific and engineering professionals within the practice
- Prepare technical reports
- Perform data analysis and data visualization through the use of GIS software
Travel may be required for the purpose of leading field crews, performing environmental monitoring, or off-site meetings with clients and/or regulatory agencies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A BS/MS Degree in Geology/Hydrogeology which includes a specific focus in the areas of physical and contaminant transport hydrogeology; 5-10 years of experience.
- Practical ability to analyze field and technical data, perform research, demonstrate technical knowledge, and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (able to communicate solutions in writing, verbally and graphically).
- Strong technical aptitude. Solid computer skills are a must. Knowledge of groundwater flow and contaminant transport modeling software, GIS, Excel, database software, etc., is preferred, but not necessary.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top