Intermediate Environmental Assessment Planner
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Assessment, Permitting and Compliance
From conception to assessment, construction, operations and decommissioning, projects and communities benefit environmentally, economically and socially from the systematic incorporation of environmental objectives. This is often required by regulation and is increasingly incorporated into the sustainable development policies of organizations.
Our assessment, permitting and compliance team works with our clients to achieve exceptional results - meeting aggressive timelines and stringent permitting standards, while providing defensible analyses and focused assessments. The outcome is superior environmental performance, reduced costs, expedited schedules and greater efficiency. We have an unparalleled record of satisfying simultaneous obligations to proponents, regulators, stakeholders and communities.
Your Duties An opportunity exists for an intermediate Environmental Assessment Planner to join the Assessment, Permitting and Compliance group within Stantec's Environmental Services practice area. As a key member of the team you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of all regulatory aspects of project approvals and permitting.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with implementing the environmental assessment and permitting process as it applies to projects
- Writing effective reports and proposals
- Conducting field and desktop studies in support of regulatory requirements
- Managing stakeholder consultation programs
- Maintaining effective communication and liaison with regulatory agencies and stakeholders to collect information in order to identify and address issues
- Analyzing input from multi-disciplinary teams and consultants, and integrating the results with regulatory requirements and the design of impact mitigation and management
- Following QA/QC and H&S requirements
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate, you:
- Hold a Master's degree in Environmental Studies, Environmental Planning, or related discipline.
- Hold an Environmental Assessment Diploma from either a university or college program.
- Are a member of the Ontario Professional Planners Institute (OPPI).
- 5-10 years' experience in the management of environmental assessments, and related approvals and permitting.
- Have experience in managing transportation/transit projects.
- Have experience in developing and implementing in-depth consultation programs.
- Have familiarity with assessment and permitting legislation.
- Have experience coordinating the work of environmental specialists, and working directly with clients.
- Are organized and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment that supports cooperatioin and team work.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top