Intermediate Electrical Engineer
Your Opportunity Our Buildings Group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design, construction and operations, to decommissioning. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our professionals deliver innovative, integrated, and practical solutions to complex industrial problems in many sectors, including healthcare, industrial facilities, education, etc. Comprised of industry process experts, engineers, technologists, architects, as well as occupational health and safety professionals, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Ottawa, ON office for a highly motivated Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our growing, multi-disciplinary team. Responsibilities will include design of electrical systems and controls of various building types, process and municipal systems, airfield electrical design, energy performance and industrial electrical systems including power distribution, standby power and motor controls. Tasks will include preparing proposals, preparing and reviewing design drawings and specifications, and working closely with clients, design team members, contractors and suppliers. If you are an excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver with strong attention to detail, then we have a dynamic work environment where you can play a pivotal role in a diverse range of building projects.
Responsibilities include the design of electrical systems for commercial, healthcare, industrial, institutional, public and private facilities including power distribution, essential and life safety systems; Lighting, Lighting Controls and Roadway Lighting.
- Liaison and coordinating with external and internal clients to obtain and develop engineering projects.
- Preparing proposals and engineering estimates.
- Developing schedules, work breakdown, project tasks and project execution.
- Prepare project documents, equipment specifications and capital cost estimate.
- Project Management to control design budgets and cost control monitoring.
- Prepare engineering reports, tender and construction drawings, and documents.
- Provide direction and guidance to a team of multi-disciplinary staff on a project level.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) registration in the province of Ontario. License to practice engineering in Quebec is considered an asset.
- Minimum 4 - 7 years of related electrical engineering design experience is required.
- Electrical design experience in low voltage distribution, systems lighting, grounding, fire alarm, communications and security systems, control/signal systems for variety of facilities.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects for a variety of clients.
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with Canadian electrical standards and codes.
- Good interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing skills required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, AutoCAD, Revit, and/or AGI32 lighting software is beneficial.
- Green technology interest; LEED ® Accredited Professional designation a bonus.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top