Intermediate Design Technologist
Your Opportunity Stantec's Community Development team provides a full range of innovative services in landscape architecture, engineering, community planning, and project management to shape and transform the urban landscape.
We bring together places that make communities feel like home. Transforming land into a residential or mixed-use community, or a public space with parks and trails, requires a mix of technical skill and creative vision, as well as insight into development.
We merge this expertise to create value for our clients and community. Our clients rely on us to optimize the potential of their land. Landscape architects, commercial specialists, and architects design the facilities that attract and engage the public. Our planners create designs using sound planning and knowledge of local regulations to navigate approvals. Our public participation experts engage stakeholders to build consensus. Our engineers, surveyors, and transportation experts lay the groundwork for infrastructure so a community can run smoothly. Our environmental scientists restore and protect the environment.
Our approach to community development forms wildlife habitat, restores wetlands for future generations, and builds neighborhoods where bicyclists ride on trails and families picnic in parks. By creating unique spaces that respond to the land and the people who use them, we're bringing community to life.
Stantec's Ottawa office is currently seeking an Intermediate Design Technologist .
- Preparing conceptual and final grading, servicing and road design.
- Development of full construction document packages; including review of shop drawings for compliance with contract documents for land development and water resources projects.
- Formulating earthwork quantity analysis, and management processes.
- Preparing presentation graphics and report figures.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, CAD staff and others, including external consultants, architects, utilities, City of Ottawa, and other approval agencies.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- You are a graduate of a Civil Technology program or You are registered as a Certified Engineering Technologist
- You possess a minimum of 2-5 years experience in a design role within a land development consulting environment
- You are knowledgeable and proficient in the use of AutoCAD, have experience with Civil3D software and MS Office Suite including Word and Excel
- You are a self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal and demonstrate the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent organizational skills as required to manage filing drawings and records management
- Highly professional communication skills and relationship management skills in you dealings with the design team, clients and contractors
- Career driven individual who wants to grow within a dynamic company
- Working knowledge of construction administration process
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top