Intermediate Civil Engineer
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system.
Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Calgary office is seeking an Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our Water group.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Civil engineering planning and design for:
- Municipal conveyance infrastructure (potable water distribution, sanitary and storm sewer systems, and related components)
- Site grading designs
- Site development plans
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services
- Assisting with managing projects, administering contracts and controlling budgets.
- Assisting with coordination of design teams (Project Engineers and Drafting Personnel) and various discipline professionals.
- Assisting with proposal writing and business development initiatives
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years of consulting experience, primarily in municipal infrastructure (conveyance of water, storm and wastewater.)
- Registered with APEGA as an Engineer (P.Eng.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to learn and grow in your career.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 6
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top