Intermediate Bridge Design Engineer
Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Due to our expanding business, British Columbia's Transportation Group is seeking an experienced and talented Intermediate Bridge Design Engineer with strong design and analysis skills to join our team and work alongside engineering professionals who provide specialized engineering services in the bridge, road/highway, and transit sub-sectors at Stantec.
Your Duties: This position is primarily a design/analysis role with some field responsibilities and would be based out of our Kamloops office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards (i.e. CAN/CSA-S6-14).
- Performing advanced structural analysis of new bridge designs and existing structures.
- Leading and reviewing conceptual design alternatives in order to develop innovative and cost effective design solutions.
- Preparing technical specifications and special provisions.
- Providing direction to CAD designers and junior engineers for drawing production.
- Performing internal QC reviews for detailed design of highway bridges.
- Preparing cost estimates for concept and detailed design.
- Tender document preparation and contract management.
- Preparing technical memorandums, reports, and assisting with proposals.
- Regular collaboration with colleagues in other offices and different areas of expertise in an integrated and fast paced design environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: As the ideal candidate you will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Structural or Civil Engineering degree.
- Must be a registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in British Columbia.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the design and analysis of highway bridges and other transportation structures (pedestrian bridges, retaining walls, large culverts, snow sheds, ferry docks and ramps, sign bridges etc.), some of which must be North American projects with British Columbia projects preferred.
- Seismic design experience is essential.
- Working knowledge and recent design experience using the British Columbia Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Bridge Standards and Procedures Manual is desired.
- Detailed design experience in steel, reinforced concrete, and prestressed concrete structures is essential and some timber design experience is desired.
- Recent bridge design experience using specialized software such as XTRACT, SAP2000, Midas, and CSiBridge is desirable; working knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required in your interactions with the design team and clients as well as effective writing skills for reports and some proposal work.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top