Intermediate Automation Designer/Drafter
Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an on-going challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team partners with clients to provide engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM), permitting, survey, and environmental services across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry. We design facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like processing plants and field facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop new and inventive ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Explore your career options with us.
Stantec's Calgary Oil and Gas office is currently looking for an Intermediate Automation Designer/Drafter .
- Develop instrumentation deliverables including: control panel layouts, loop and IO drawings, control architecture drawings, motor schematics; instrument datasheets; instrument index; calculations.
- Instrumentation commodity specifications and material requisition development.
- Control Panel specifications and material requisition development.
- Coordination with other disciplines to meet deliverables.
- Preparation of construction work packages.
- Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma in applicable field (Instrumentation, Electrical).
- 1-5 years of Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls design experience.
- Proficient with electronic drafting software such as AutoCAD.
- DCS, PLC, & SCADA system design & specification.
- Motor control design is an asset.
- Intools (SPI) experience is an asset.
- Experience in Alberta SAGD and / or Conventional Oil and Gas industry
- Safety training (H2S Alive, Emergency First Aid) an asset.
- Focused on Quality.
- Self-monitoring and able to stay on task working in a small project team.
- Capable of high productivity and efficiency, meeting demanding project schedules.
- Driven to learn and develop new skills.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Willing to take direction and be led by senior team members.
- Capable of taking, understanding, and executing direction given by project & discipline management.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
Job ID 34328
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 1
Discipline Oil and Gas EPCM Services
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top