Intermediate Architectural Technologist / Job Captain
Your Opportunity We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
The Stantec Whitehorse office has an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Architectural Technologist/Job Captain to become part of our integrated Architecture & Engineering practice.
Your Duties Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare design development presentations, including 3D images/renderings
- Prepare contract drawings, specifications, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and direction to others.
- Liaising and cordinating of multidisciplinary project teams.
- Assist with and /or managing contract administration services.
- Assist in preforming building code analysis.
- Complete projects and assignments within timelines and budgets.
- Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety.
- Represent Stantec Architecture in public meetings in a professional manner.
- Advise on approaches to construction documentation and team composition
- Provide construction administration services such as field reviews, progress claim reviews, preparation of SI's, CCN's and Change Orders
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Graduate of a recognized Architectural Graduate Program or Architectural Technologists Program.
- The ideal candidate will have approximately 7-10 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit 2016/2017 preferred and AutoCAD 2014/2017 skill
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods.
- A strong understanding of National Building Code and building science resolutions.
- Have above average communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Positive problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and desire to advance skills and abilities.
- Contract administrative skills.
The Whitehorse office is a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment with strong connections to northern businesses and communities in Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut. The team is strongly linked with planning teams from other Stantec offices, and project and business development collaboration is very active.
Living in the North is one of the richest cultural experiences you'll ever encounter. Northern traditions mix with the everyday lifestyles of modern Canadians from all cultures and backgrounds. The result is a unique sense of place that both welcomes newcomers and embraces new ideas.
Build your career AND enjoy your life.
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top