Intermediate Architectural Technologist
Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Our Waterloo, ON office has an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Architectural Technologist with Revit skills to become part of our dynamic team.
Your Duties: As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Producing design development and construction working drawings as part of the production team on a variety of institutional, industrial, retail projects
- Evaluating and assimilating design changes introduced by the project architect or interior designer
- Coordinating architectural drawings with the work of consulting engineers
- Provide expertise in the detailed design of buildings
- Mentor junior technologists
- Complete projects within timelines and budgets
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology
- Minimum 10 years' experience as an Architectural Technologist, on a mix of projects, including institutional and retail projects
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Strong knowledge of Revit is a must; at least 3 years hands-on Revit design experience is required
- Strong understanding of the relation between Building Codes and Standards, and Contract Documentation
- Experience in Contract Administration is an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top