Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
If you have the drive, passion for design and determination to succeed, Stantec has an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Architect in our Dartmouth, Nova Scotia office. Working in a multi-disciplinary office of architects and engineers, this thriving practice is expanding its staff complement. We are an award winning team, consisting of a cohesive group of professionals involved in a diversified practice including healthcare facilities, sports and recreation and civic buildings.
- Prepare contract drawings, specifications, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design through to construction.
- Provide guidance, and direction to others.
- Liaising with multidisciplinary project teams.
- Assist with and /or managing contract administration services.
- Assist in preforming building code analysis.
- Complete projects and assignments within timelines and budgets.
- Support good policies on project delivery, quality control, and safety.
- Represent Stantec Architecture in public meetings in a professional manner.
- Advise on approaches to construction documentation and team composition.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Degree in Architecture from a recognized University, and registered or eligible for registration with the Province of Nova Scotia.
- 8 - 10 years of professional experience, strong focus on design excellence and graphic communication with varied project types
- Experience working with the national Building Code, construction detailing;
- Must be experienced in planning, facility programming, all phases of architectural design from conceptual design development to detailed design and be actively involved in the preparation and coordination of construction documents; duties include mentoring and supervision of junior and intermediate architectural members
- Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset
- Familiarity with AutoCAD (current version); solid working knowledge of Revit and MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) with your collaboration with team members including multiple engineering disciplines and clients. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential in your dealings with colleagues and clients; great team skills and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Strong interest in sustainable design; LEED certification an asset
- Bilingual language skills (English & French) are an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top