Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec Hauppauge, NY (Long Island) office is looking for a talented, motivated Interior Designer to come join our team! A strong candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate organizational skills, design experience, Healthcare experience, and a strong background in Healthcare furniture specification experience. Daily responsibilities might be incorporating design of others, developing design as a team, or leading the furniture specification aspects of a project.
- Under the direction of Project Manager or Sr. Interior Designer, assist in design and/or production aspects of routine BIM modeling / incorporation of design concept.
- Under direction of Project Manager, or Sr. Interior Designer, carry out the design and/or production aspects of small projects or parts of the design of larger complex projects.
- Coordinate closely with the project team regarding design and production concepts.
- Implementation of office production standards and procedures as well as technical requirements.
- Participate in or prepare presentations on design concepts and design development whether drawings, models or studies.
- Proficient in Revit with at least an intermediate level understanding of AutoCAD.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- BS or BA in interior design/architecture or BA w/ experience - 4 year degree preferred
- 3 - 7 years' experience, although up to 2 years of experience will be considered for the right candidate
- Strong Revit capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (including PhotoShop, PowerPoint, and InDesign)
- Capable in development of 3D visualization (Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, etc.)
- Certification and LEED AP preferred but not required
- Professional affiliations preferred: IIDA, AIA, CID, NCIDQ, and/or others
- Experience with dRofus is a plus
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top