Your Opportunity: We could design buildings just because we can, but we'd rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec's Houston office is looking for an Interior Designer, a registered professional with a minimum of 5 year of experience.
Your Duties: The primary role of the Interior Designer is to interpret and translate the needs and desires of a client as well as any architectural direction set forth into cohesive interior design solution. This process may involve production of drawings (2D/3D), and written material to support the conceptual direction of interior design and FFE. This individual will often be required to present their ideas in formal and informal settings with a willingness and desire to hear and respond to constructive feedback. An individual at this level in their career is expected to perform their role within the standard of care acceptable to their peers in the industry. An Interior Designer is expected to work collaboratively with the architectural team, conceptualizing, developing and documenting varying aspects of interior design of a project, including but not limited to space planning, interior architecture, interior materials and palette, specifications and FFE.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Conceptualize and develop interior design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective to align with clients' requirements, program, budget and schedule
- Participate in development of the program and other pre-design components
- Complete block plans and space plans in alignment with building program and adjacencies
- Develop the project's interior design, material palette and FFE and coordinate with the Design Architect were applicable
- Express the interior design in 3 dimensions through sketches, diagrams, and other visual formats to communicate the intent to the project team, client and building user groups
- Present the interior design to project stakeholders
- Ensure design complies with building codes, ADA guidelines and LEED per project type and requirements
- Evaluate and select interior systems, materials, finishes and fixtures
- Integrate room signage, wayfinding, and branding into design concepts
- Coordinate compatibility of design intent with building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and project consultants
- Implement sustainable design principles
- Ensure interior design intent is maintained through documentation and construction
- Complete FFE scope tasks from design and selection through bid, coordinating with specific client and project needs
- Support business development activities, including marketing proposals, interviews, conference attendance, etc.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the profession and the firm
- Provide oversight and participation in production of design award submissions
- Foster collaboration between offices while promoting and providing design vision
- Inspire creativity, critical thinking, design exploration and excellence both internally and externally
- Identify and direct project photography, written descriptions, and other media in support of building the firm's portfolio
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture is required
- A minimum of 5 years' of Interior Design experience in educational facilities is preferred
- NCIDQ certificate is preferred
- An established resume and portfolio of educational projects
Committed to the principles of Employment Equity, we thank all candidates; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top