The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity The primary role of the Interior Designer is to interpret and translate the needs and desires of a client as well as any architectural direction set forth into cohesive interior design solution. This process may involve production of drawings (2D/3D), and written material to support the conceptual direction of interior design and FFE. This individual will often be required to present their ideas in formal and informal settings with a willingness and desire to hear and respond to constructive feedback. An individual at this level in their career is expected to perform their role within the standard of care acceptable to their peers in the industry. An Interior Designer is expected to work collaboratively with the architectural team, conceptualizing, developing and documenting varying aspects of interior design of a project, including but not limited to space planning, interior architecture, interior materials and palette, specifications and FFE. Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for multiple small projects or one of medium complexity/size.
- Inspires creativity, critical thought, and design excellence both internally and externally.
- Conceptualizes and develops interior design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client's requirements, budget, and program.
- Participates in the development of the program, vision and other pre-design efforts.
- Develops space planning, block planning, and adjacency diagrams in coordination with project program.
- Develops the interior design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats to express the design intent and coordinate with Project Designer.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three dimensional models of interiors and their components.
- Responsible for leading others in a project team setting and design critiques and pin-ups.
- Presents the interior design to stakeholders.
- Ensures design complies with building codes, ADA guidelines and LEED per project type and requirements.
- Evaluates and selects interior systems and materials, finishes and fixtures.
- Coordinates project systems to ensure compatibility with the design intent and implements sustainable design principles.
- Develops interior design in accordance with cost parameters and ensures interior design intent is maintained through documentation and construction.
- Completes FFE scope tasks from design and selection through bid, coordinating with specific client and project needs.
- Participates in employee performance reviews and interviews of potential employees.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the profession and the firm by participating in a professional organization.
- Ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- To produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To participate in a project team setting.
- To lead one or more teams on small projects through the development of interior design concept.
- To check work of others for accuracy and completeness, and manage team to meet project budget and schedule.
- To interpret sketches, drawings, codes, project program and other similar material.
- To present abstract ideas to the client.
- To apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
- General understanding of the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, most recent modeling software.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top