Your Opportunity Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
We have an exciting opportunity in our Pittsburgh, PA offer for an Interior Designer.
- Participate in developing creative design solutions for small and large projects.
- Research and understand interior materials, products and systems.
- Select interior finishes, furnishings, fabrics and other building materials.
- Assist with space planning.
- Produce plans, elevations and details for design development and construction documents.
- Generate furniture specifications and coordinate with Owner's procurement representatives.
- Work with project team, including designers, architects, engineers and consultants.
- Assist with review of submittals and shop drawings.
- Help to produce dynamic client presentations.
- Maintain and organize product and material libraries.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of interior design experience.
- Knowledge of current planning and design trends.
- Well-rounded design portfolio which demonstrates outstanding creative and technical skills.
- Knowledge of commercial finishes and furnishings.
- Strong space planning skills.
- Understanding of commercial building codes and guidelines.
- Thinks outside of the box and asks questions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, Revit strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- NCIDQ preferred.
- LEED AP preferred.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top