The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Stantec's Houston studio is looking for an Interior Designer with 5-7 years’ experience in a variety of project types including workplace, education, healthcare and multi-family/hospitality. The primary role of the Interior Designer is to interpret and translate the needs and desires of a client as well as any architectural direction set forth into cohesive interior design solutions. This process may involve production of drawings (2D/3D), and written material to support the conceptual direction of interior design. This individual will often be required to present their ideas in formal and informal settings with a willingness and desire to hear and respond to constructive feedback. An individual at this level in their career is expected to perform their role within the standard of care acceptable to their peers in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Participate in development of the program and other pre-design activities Knowledge of space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program
- Conceptualize interior design from both a functional and aesthetic perspective in concert with a client’s requirements, budget and program
- Understanding of general code and ADA guidelines as they apply to interior architectural environments
- Present development of interior design through sketches, 3 Dimensions, diagrams, and other visual formats to express the design intent and communicate to project team, client, and building user groups
- Evaluate, select and coordinate project’s interior design, materials and palette, and FFE as a unified whole
- Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) where applicable to ensure compatibility with the interior design intent
- Implement sustainable design principles
- Develop interior design in accordance with cost parameters
- Ensure that interior design intent is maintained through documentation and construction deliverables
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture is required
- A minimum of 5 years Interior Design experience
- NCIDQ certificate is preferred
- An established resume and portfolio of interior design projects
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture is required
- Minimum of 5 years Interior Design experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top