Interior Design Drawing Technologist - Intermediate
Your Opportunity: We design buildings inside and out, to create places that inspire. Throughout Stantec and in our
Architecture and Interior Design studios, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration-spaces that are designed for communities.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces.
Our Vancouver, BC office has an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Interior Design Drawing Technologist. You will be working in a busy architectural /interior design practice on diverse and interesting assignments including corporate and retail projects. Working as part of the Interior Design team, you will be integral in the development of construction documentation packages, including details and specifications of all elements of the project, such as drawing standards and setup, millwork detailing, specifications, furniture symbols, coordination with Engineers, building code and permit requirements.
Your Duties: Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate on interiors projects to set up Revit and AutoCAD drawing packages
- Development of full construction document packages; including review of shop drawings for compliance with contract documents
- Coordination and review of consultant teams such as code consultant, architects and mechanical, electrical and structural engineers and Contractors
- Work closely with the Senior Designer to ensure efficient completion of deliverables
- Prepare architectural details and exercises judgment in the selection of materials and details, adaptations of alternates. Support technical tools used by the Interior Design team, including Revit, AutoCAD Sketchup, and Photoshop
- Assist in preparation of computer generated design presentation materials and business development efforts
- Capable of overseeing small teams and mentoring of staff on drawing standards
- Working knowledge of construction administration process
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Interior Design Technology diploma, Architectural Technology diploma or Interior Design degree with a focus on technical production work
- 5-7 years related interior design and construction documentation experience, some of which should be for large scale projects; corporate office and retail project experience is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of local building codes and city permit processes
- Revit and AutoCAD proficiency is mandatory
- Experience with other design and drafting tools such as Sketchup, Photoshop, 3D Max is also beneficial
- Efficient with Microsoft Office suite: Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills as required to manage filing drawings and records management
- Highly professional communication skills and relationship management skills in you dealings with the design team, clients and contractors
- Independent and collaborative attitude in a high functioning Interior Design studio with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Career driven individual who wants to grow within a dynamic company
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top