Interior Design Coordinator
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us! Your Opportunity The primary role of the Interior Designer is to interpret and translate the needs and desires of a client as well as any architectural direction set forth into cohesive interior design solution. This process may involve production of drawings (2D/3D), and written material to support the conceptual direction of interior design and FFE. This individual will often be required to present their ideas in formal and informal settings with a willingness and desire to hear and respond to constructive feedback. An individual at this level in their career is expected to perform their role within the standard of care acceptable to their peers in the industry. An Interior Designer is expected to work collaboratively with the architectural team, conceptualizing, developing and documenting varying aspects of interior design of a project, including but not limited to space planning, interior architecture, interior materials and palette, specifications and FFE.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works directly with Interior Designer in development of designs.
- Supports Interior Designer in development of material for presentations.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Participates in design critiques and pin-ups.
- Interprets and applies building codes and requirements of other regulatory agencies.
- Conducts interior space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various architectural phases to support interior design intent.
- Coordinates interior systems (materials, finishes, fixtures, etc.) to ensure compatibility with the design intent.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of interior systems and materials.
- Attends project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants.
- Participates in value engineering and basic cost estimating.
- Implements sustainable design principles into the building design and surrounding environment.
- Participates in business development activities and interviews.
- Basic knowledge and application of accessibility codes, applicable building codes,
- Basic knowledge of building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards is expected.
- Basic understanding of all phases of Interior Design document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to conduct space planning, block planning, and adjacencies in coordination with building program.
- To check own work for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule outlined by Project Manager.
- To participate and collaborate in a project team setting through all phases of interior design document production.
- To engage in creative and critical thought.
- To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
- To interpret sketches, drawings, project program and other similar material.
- To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written).
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; prefers experience with Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUP, Newforma, Recent modeling software.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top