Instrumentation & Control Systems/SCADA Engineer - Water/Wastewater Treatment
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec's Water group in New England has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Instrumentation & Control Systems/SCADA Engineer with experience in the design of water/wastewater instrumentation and control (I&C) systems.
- Conducting site surveys and evaluations of existing I&C systems
- Identification of field instruments for proper process control and monitoring
- Development of system block and loop diagrams
- PLC panel layouts, specifications writing, development of budget estimates and project schedules
- Providing field service troubleshooting, testing, commissioning, check-out and start-up for water and wastewater projects
- Some PLC programming and operator interface (HMI) screen development
- Development of project specifications and drawings
- Field testing and troubleshooting
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- BS in Civil, Chemical, Environmental or Electrical preferred.
- PE in Instrumentation a plus.
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years of related education and experience designing and implementing industrial control systems for Water/Wastewater, factory automation or SCADA
- Allen Bradley programming experience, including Control Logix and Compact logix, SLC-500, and MicroLogiz 100/1500 controllers, RSLogix,
- Understanding of Water/Wastewater processes a plus.
- Candidate must have good communication skills
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 7
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top