Instrumentation & Control Systems Engineer - Wastewater Treatment
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity Stantec's Water group in New England has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Instrumentation & Control Systems/SCADA Engineer with experience in the design of water/wastewater instrumentation and control (I&C) systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducting site surveys and evaluations of existing I&C systems
- Identification of field instruments for proper process control and monitoring
- Development of system block and loop diagrams
- PLC panel layouts, specifications writing, development of budget estimates and project schedules
- Providing field service troubleshooting, testing, commissioning, check-out and start-up for water and wastewater projects
- Some PLC programming and operator interface (HMI) screen development Development of project specifications and drawings
- Field testing and troubleshooting *Can work independently as part of a global team on projects in the Northeast and the US.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- PE in Instrumentation a plus.
- Allen Bradley programming experience, including Control Logix and Compact logix, SLC-500, and MicroLogiz 100/1500 controllers, RSLogix,
- Understanding of Water/Wastewater processes a plus.
- Candidate must have good communication skills.
Seven (7) to Ten (10) years of related education and experience designing and implementing industrial control systems for Water/Wastewater, factory automation or SCADA
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top