MWH Constructors, a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Civil/Structural Inspector to support project work in Southern California counties (LA, Orange, San Diego, San Bernardino, Riverside).
The Inspector will be primarily responsible for implementing and maintaining the Quality Assurance Program, with guidance from the Quality Assurance Manager, Resident Engineer and ultimately the Construction Manager. It is the goal of the Quality Assurance program to construct all work in accordance with the project plans and specifications, as well as requirements of the contract and the expectations of the client. Benefits of the program include minimizing the cost of work by reducing the need for remedial work and expediting client acceptance of completed work.
• Provide single-point field inspection of contractor's work, representing the Construction Manager in the field.
• Prepare for and plan and coordinate all field testing and inspections in accordance with the contract documents
• On a daily basis, monitor and record all work scope being executed and prepare a comprehensive daily report with measurement of daily quantities completed and resources utilized
• Review, analyze, and record any construction issues potentially resulting in a scope, time, or cost impact to the work of the contractor, which may result in a change to the contract
• Attend, as necessary, weekly progress meetings with contractor, including review of progress to planned schedule
• Ensure contractor prepares prompt requests for information (RFIs) for questions that may affect the construction schedule
• Work with Construction Manager to implement methodology and criteria to resolve any non-compliance notices previously issued
• Document compliance and non-compliance with established quality control and quality assurance procedures
• Prepare written reports documenting QA/QC inspections, non-compliance notices, and corrective actions
• Review and submit all test reports for inclusion in turnover documentation to client
• Ensure master as-built drawing information is being maintained by contractor / Maintain project as-built drawing file
• Develop project specific quality control and assurance documents and standards
Back to top