Industrial Water Leader - Oil, Gas and Chemicals
- Nashville, TN
At Stantec, we have been partnering with our clients for more than 60 years to improve the quality of life around the world.
Industrial Water for Oil and Gas and Chemicals is one of the largest markets for the Industrial Water Business globally, and the market where we have the best cross-Business Line industrial opportunities in the world.
With projects in nearly every market sector, the variety of projects and clients we work with is nothing short of inspiring. Join this dynamic leadership team, rubbing elbows with the brilliant minds working across the region, and lead one of Stantec's strongest business centers.
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated individual to become the Sub Sector Leader for Industrial Water for Oil and Gas and Chemicals in Houston, TX or Nashville, TN. Reporting directly to the Sector Leader, Industrial Water, this new position is responsible for leading business development activities and accountable for sustaining and growing the net revenue of the Water Business Center pertaining to the Industrial Water for Oil and Gas and Chemicals. The Sub-Sector's primary focus is on managing and providing technical leadership for strategic projects for Industrial Water business; working collaboratively with the Energy and Resources business lines in client development to strengthen client relationships that are beneficial to Stantec and find new opportunities with these clients; support sales for procurement on strategic opportunities; provide proposal management; and lead profitable growth of our Industrial Water Business for Oil and Gas in the USA.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to the Health and Safety culture within the BC and Stantec
- Develops a robust, profitable, and risk-smart business in USA for Industrial Water
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership of the business
- Create the delivery platform that thrills clients through a strong focus on improved project performance - people, processes, culture and deepen capabilities in consulting, designing, and sustaining services
- Responsible for the P&L for Industrial Water for Oil and Gas and Chemicals and measured by year over year increase in quality gross margin, EBBT, New Business In (NBI) and growing sales funnel
- Increase our USA capabilities with experienced project managers and SMEs for the following:
- Produced Water Treatment
- Water Chemistry and Modeling
- Build Industrial Water Consultancy Team
- EPC/EPCM Model
- Provide sales and proposals management
- Create and support strategic project management
- Effectively lead, challenge, and inspire staff to work together by being a visible leader of our Industrial Water business and being accessible to our staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong understanding of the Industrial Water consulting and engineering business and global Industrial Water business
- Strong understanding of the EPC/EPCM Model
- Entrepreneurial orientation with understanding of the business management challenges of a consulting services provider
- Significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in North America is considered an asset)
- Proven ability to effectively lead staff to work together cohesively as a team
- Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose
- Proven project management and technical skills applicable to the delivery of industrial water projects
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Possess the highest degree of integrity
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years of Industrial Water related consulting experience
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Engineering, Project Management, Business Management or Business Development, or related equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
Position will primarily work in an office setting. Travel required to other Stantec office locations, the field and/or meetings with clients.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001MH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top