Your Opportunity: Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Your Duties: Stantec is seeking a Hydrogeologist to support our team of environmental professionals in our Lexington, Louisville, Chattanooga and Atlanta offices. The position will support groundwater solutions for Power Generation - Coal Combustion Residual (CCR) projects. Primary responsibilities will be related to performing key tasks to support groundwater flow and contaminant transport modeling, hydrogeologic investigations, conceptual site model development, mobility assessments, remediation system evaluation, remedial system design, monitoring and maintenance, and statistical analysis of geologic and groundwater chemistry data. Responsibilities are anticipated to include but are not limited to the following:
- Design and completion of environmental assessments
- Aquifer testing and data analysis
- Groundwater and contaminant transport modeling
- Dye tracing and karst terrain characterization
- Interpretation of analytical laboratory results
- Analysis and interpretation of environmental data
- Drilling and soil sampling programs
- Development of conceptual site models
- Geologic and hydrogeologic research
- Project management
- Collaborate with other scientific and engineering professionals within the practice
- Prepare technical reports
- Perform data analysis and data visualization through the use of GIS software and three-dimensional earth visualization software
Your Capabilities and Credentials: The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A BS/MS Degree in Geology/Hydrogeology which includes a specific focus in the areas of physical and contaminant transport hydrogeology; 5-10 years of experience.
- Practical ability to analyze field and technical data, perform research, demonstrate technical knowledge, and problem solve.
- Strong organizational and communications skills (able to communicate solutions in writing, verbally and graphically).
- Strong technical aptitude. Solid computer skills are a must. Knowledge of groundwater flow and contaminant transport modeling software, GIS, three-dimensional visualization software, Excel, database software, etc., is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must pass drug test, background check, physical, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy.
- US citizen
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top