Hydraulic Modeler - Water Resources
- Ottawa, Canada
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
An opportunity exists in our Ottawa, ON office for a Water Resources Engineer or EIT to become part of a dynamic Water group that provides services to local, regional and global communities. In this role you will report directly to a Water Team Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Undertake detailed studies, modeling and design tasks associated with wastewater collection systems, stormwater management (rural, urban and transportation projects), water distribution systems, subwatershed plans, floodplain delineation/management and erosion control. The above work will be supported using detailed hydrologic and hydraulic modeling tools including software and spreadsheets.
- Responsible for preparing/overseeing technical reports and design briefs.
- Taking responsibility for quality of project deliverables.
- Coordinate with engineers, technical staff and/or multidisciplinary team members to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Solid understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic principles;
- Experience working with and developing hydraulic/hydrologic models is essential;
- SWMM and InfoWorks preferred. Please provide a list of software you have worked with;
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data and hydraulic model results (i.e. data management) is essential;
- Experience working with ArcGIS to present and facilitate interpretation of results is preferred;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience authoring technical reports is essential;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil, water resources, or environmental engineering.
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer or Engineer-in-Training in Ontario
- Strong foundation in developing/calibrating and interpreting hydraulic/hydrologic models.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Ottawa
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000RN
Back to top