HVAC/Plumbing & Fire Protection Designer
Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Stantec has an exciting opportunity for a HVAC/Plumbing & Fire Protection Designer in our Maitland, FL office.
Your Duties The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems, including system selection.
- Complete heating and cooling load calculations, equipment selection, sizing, and preparation of drawings and specifications.
- Perform construction administration services as required.
- Attend meetings with architects, owners and building managers to discuss projects.
- Work on multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Mechanical or Civil Engineering program.
- 8+ years of experience with a consulting MEP engineering firm designing building plumbing and fire protection systems with a focus on commercial, mixed-use and hospitality.
- Experience with one of the two disciplines (Plumbing/FP or HVAC) is satisfactory, both are preferred.
- Professional Engineer license is a strong asset.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industries.
- Extensive knowledge of general building construction for plumbing and fire protection is essential.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively within a team.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top