Human Resources Consultant
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Your Duties While working in close collaboration with the Canada Central and Atlantic HR team, primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide internal HR consulting services on a variety of managerial, employee and organizational issues;
- Cultivate relationships with key stakeholders and managers within the region;
- Support HR initiatives designed to attract, retain, develop and engage a diverse employee group;
- Facilitate performance, teambuilding and planning sessions with managers and employees;
- Provide expertise on HR (360, psychometric, mentoring) tools;
- Assist with the documentation requirements for foreign candidates (i.e. Labour Market Opinions);
- Assist with other HR related projects and tasks as assigned; and
- Assist with performing relevant administrative requirements such as offer packages and orientation, employee transfers, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate, you will possess the following:
- A post-secondary degree in HR Management, Business or a related discipline;
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience with particular emphasis on employee relations in a non-unionized environment;
- Well-developed communication and conflict resolution skills;
- The ability to quickly establish and build rapport with managers and employees;
- A thorough understanding of compensation, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment;
- Adaptability to rapidly changing demands;
- Results focus with a strong detail orientation;
- CHRP designation preferred;
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset; and
- Travel between local offices throughout Canada Central and Atlantic.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top