Human Resources Consultant
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Your Duties Reporting to the Northeast Geographic HR Director, and working in collaboration with both the Northeast HR team and the broader HR's community, this position plays an integral role in delivering HR services to internal clients. This dynamic HR business partner opportunity works closely with leaders and employees throughout New England Region, part of the Northeast Geography.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal client groups, including employees, managers and leaders. In consultation with HR Director, advocate people centric business needs and partner with the broader HR community to assess, leverage and execute integrated HR solutions;
- Proactively partner with leadership to develop and execute of an overall people management strategy including; communication, engagement, talent development, succession planning, change management, diversity and inclusion positively impacting Stantec's culture;
- Act as a trusted HR advisor and partner with leadership creating solutions for a variety of HR matters;
- Successfully provide strategic guidance and develop applicable action plans on HR related issues such as legislated and procedural compliance, interpretation of company policies, company programs, performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, retention, and talent acquisition;
- Facilitates the performance management cycle, the compensation planning cycle as well as ad-hoc employee changes;
- Develop and implement HR related projects and participate on special projects as needed; and
- Assist with relevant HR administrative tasks as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field with a master's degree. HR certification is preferred;
- Experience supporting remote clients supports is strongly preferred; ability to quickly establish and build effective working relationships;
- Three to five years of related experience, including demonstrated experience operating independently with complex issues in a large and changing environment;
- Well-developed verbal and written communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, sound judgment as well as possess critical thinking in ambiguous and complex situations;
- Balance strategic and operational tasks with strong organizational Results focused HR consulting skills with the ability to anticipate client needs and take initiative;
- Deep understanding of the core HR competencies including but not limited to compensation, benefits, employment law, organizational development, talent development and training, mentoring/coaching/facilitation, recruitment and workforce planning and an overall understanding of HR policies and programs and other terms and conditions of employment, along with an understanding of HR best practices;
- Adaptability to rapidly changing demands;
- Strong MS Office Suite skills preferred; and
- Travel, as needed, between local offices within New England
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top