Stantec is seeking a qualified candidate for a HSE Officer for our Abu Dhabi office.
- Responsibilities are but not limited to due diligence of the design aspects with advice from Stantec's employees, developing and delivering safety and compliance processes, procedures and campaigns occasionally with Senior Management, leading H&S with project team (s) ensuring all stakeholders are appropriately involved in the management of change, ensuring safe operations and minimizing all risks.
- To Establish and maintain an effective and integrated OSH Management system in accordance with OSHAD and the UAE Civil defense regulations. Responsible for the performance of the OSH-MS, providing occupational safety & health governance and oversight to all Stantec's business units ensuring safe operations to avoid injury/illness and /property/equipment damage. Responsible for leading and directing H&S to multiple teams in delivering a safer workplace at all work locations in the UAE and potentially across the GCC, aiming to achieve best in Stantec's class standards and culture. Ensure the effective achievement of the OSH functional objectives through leadership of the production, maintenance & associated function - setting Team & individual objectives, managing performance, developing & motivating staff.
- Lead safety Project cases, initiatives and project teams for introduction of new systems, facilities, equipment and new or modified procedures. Keep abreast of OSH trends through analysis of relevant data, analyzing internal and external trends, providing statistical analysis and developing solutions for the manage non-compliance, hazards and risks.
-To act as the focal point for compliance of all H&S liaising and briefing Senior Management on all issues associated with its scope of work.
- Ensure that Stantec's HSSE policy is implemented and standardized in all Construction Supervision Projects and Conduct the required Inductions in UAE.
- Review the Projects' HSE Plans, Emergency Response Plans, risk assessment reports, incidents / accidents reports and prepare lessons learned for all Projects in UAE and advising RE's / HSE Engineers in all sites on any related HSSE related issues.
- Conduct HSE Audit for all the Construction Supervision Projects in UAE.
- Support all Supervision teams in preparing and / or reviewing the Projects' deliverables related to HSE as per the Contracts Documents.
- Conduct Sites' Safety Inspections and participate in the management walk through as planned, then issue the required observations reports to the teams.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to complete H&S tasks and implement process improvements
- Excellent organizational skills
- Apply health, safety and environmental strategy, policy and objectives in line with Stantec's goals
- Assist in managing safety and environmental functions of Stantec's Sites
- Work parallel with Contractors/Trade Contractors
- Implement a H&S QMP and include PMP
- Perform site/workplace health and safety inspections to ensure compliance
- Provide status reports
- Carry out health and safety risk assessments
- Conduct and allocate risk assessments activities to be performed in each work area
- Generate and provide periodical safety performance management reports as required
- Direct health and safety group of specific site managers in conjunction with Senior Management officials
- Evaluate accidents, maintain incident or accident register(s) and make statutory reports returns to the director of Building and Water Developments
- Professional approach coupled with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Organize educational seminars on an occasional basis
- Participate in Monthly meetings when required to report on relevant H&S matters
- At least Five years of experience in a similar role
- Preference to work with Consultant rather than Contractor
- BSc (Hons) Health and Safety
- Member of H&S Institute an advantage (IOSH)
- Excellent MS Office / IT Skills / Presentation skills
- Should have good knowledge in working on Construction sites to include analysis and reporting statistics
- Must be a critical thinker with excellent organizational skills
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
United Arab Emirates-Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Back to top