HSE Engineer (water infrastructure)
Stantec Qatar is looking for an HSE Engineer for a Flood Prevention Scheme project.
The scope of the project includes design review, project management, and site supervision of urgent flooding mitigation works at two residential communities in Doha, Qatar, spanning 600 and 650 ha.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
•Preparation and review of HSE Plans, risk assessment, HSE procedures, audit plan
•Conducting HSE audits, inspection, incident investigation as per OHSAS 18001 requirements, OSHAD, International and local requirements
•Good knowledge in the local requirements and regulations for OHSAD, AD municipality, Dubai Municipality, JAFZA Code of practices
•Coordination with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies
•Ensure compliance by all parties with Company's HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including rules and regulations (as amended from time to time)
•To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the Statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
•To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
•To ensure compliance with the company's objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by Company from time to time.
•Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
•Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
•Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
•Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks
•Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
•Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
•Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same
HSE Engineer (water infrastructure)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is a must
- Membership of internationally recognized Safety Association e.g. NIBOSH;
- Hold valid certificate in First Aid/ Hazard Assessment (Entry to confined spaces,
underground structures and works).
- Coordinate closely with Ashghal Quality, Health and Safety Department on Safety
requirement and reporting to minimize work construction disruption on site
- Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which 7 years in similar surface &
ground water networks projects.
- Must be able to advise and supervise Contractors in a broad range of safety and health
hazard preventions and enforcement to the Contractors and project personnel's on
- Able to lead, guide and develop HSE -contractor team for two different contracts.
- Able to review Environmental Impact Assessment report, develop recommendations
and follow up with the MME until the approval.
- Able to review the Contractor CEMP and insure the correct implementation.
- Able to prepare on line HSE reporting and as directed by the Engineer.
- Must have ability to utilize computer technology to analyze data, maintain records,
generate reports etc;
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written
technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills;
- Must demonstrate his knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental regulations,
requirements for construction projects and awareness of all hazards likely to existing
construction sites. Confined space training, proven updated engineering knowledge
via continuous training particularly as to Health, Safety and Environmental issues are
- Must possess leadership skills to manage and motivate a team of H&S Inspectors.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple working areas on site are
Health & Safety
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top