HSE Engineer (STP)
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec Qatar is looking to hire a HSE Engineer on a Sewerage Treatment Plant in Doha.
Key accountabilities for this position include but are not limited to:
•Preparation and review of HSE Plans, risk assessment, HSE procedures, audit plan
•Conducting HSE audits, inspection, incident investigation as per OHSAS 18001 requirements, OSHAD, International and local requirements
•Good knowledge in the local requirements and regulations
•Coordination with clients, contractors and regulatory agencies
•Ensure compliance by all parties with HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including rules and regulations (as amended from time to time)
•To manage in a manner that achieves quality installations meeting performance parameters set out in the Statement of requirements within the cost and schedule targets set by the company.
•To ensure that all actions, works and services undertaken by contractors, are in accordance with the respective agreement with the company.
•To ensure compliance with the company's objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by Company from time to time.
•Review and approve the HSE deliverables of the project.
•Monitor the construction activities and make sure that these are executed as per the HSE plan and procedures.
•Develop & execute a personal HSE intervention plan. Personal plan to include the activities that support visible HSE leadership such as, safety inspection tours in all areas, identifies potential hazards & recommended solutions, audits, personal interaction and participation in HSE meetings.
•Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks
•Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
•Review HSE Plan, Procedure, Method Statement, Risk assessment & all Health, Safety & Environment related documentation to ensure compliance with established standards.
•Implement improvement & prohibition notice to contractors set up recommendation & corrective action with the close out date follow up the same
HSE Engineer (STP)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- IOSH Managing or Working safely
- Certified as ISO 45001:2015 Lead Auditor
- Minimum 10 years experience in construction preferably in heavy Civils and major drainage systems/Sewerage Networks projects;
- Experience in quality control and quality assurance within the underground pumping stations, water retaining RC structures and surface water drainage domain;
- Particular emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality;
- Should be able to review and justify the material submissions, analyze laboratory and technical reports, carrying out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project's specifications. Ability to prepare accurate QNQC plans and have the ability to lead and motivate a project QC team, write clear, brief and accurate technical reports.
- Must demonstrate and prove his experience in respect of the relevant international Standards for Quality Assurance procedure;
- Should participate in the all aspects for the project life cycle, from setting out, Designs, construction, testing and commissioning stage, with emphasis on data analysis, system testing, regression testing, and auditable documentation of results;
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple working areas on site is essential.
Health & Safety
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top