HR Services Supervisor (2 year contract)
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Your Duties: A two-year contract (with benefits) opportunity exists for a HR Services Supervisor within the HR team's Contact Center.
Reporting to the HR Services Manager, the HR Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day Contact Center staff supervision (7-10 people) and service delivery oversight ensuring a broad range of end-to-end HR services are delivered to HR partners and internal clients following established quality standards and timelines, covering all aspects of the employee life cycle. This position requires strong time management, communication skills, and customer-service orientation. Incumbents are expected to travel 10% of the time within North America and must have the ability to travel across borders.
- Supervises the relationship between clients, HR and all Contact Center staff and manages any conflicts.
- Assigns, manages and monitors work for Contact Center staff ensuring service standards are maintained with a focus on driving/motivating team and individual performance improvements.
- Understands and operates Contact Center technology/systems effectively and efficiently. Participates in development of enhancement initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities and service gaps to improve and develop process, efficiency, effectiveness, and management of risk within the HR Contact Center.
- Ensures all relevant communications, records and data are updated, recorded and shared with team.
- Manages outstanding issues and provides feedback to management regarding status and effect of outstanding issues.
- Works closely with individuals to provide regular coaching and training around all functional areas of HR, HR transactions and processes and customer service.
- Leads internal training sessions regarding process and HRSC system.
- Oversees interim processes and integration activities related to acquisition activity.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field and 5-7 years of experience (including supervisory/team lead responsibilities) in an HR Contact Center or front-line HR customer service team; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- SPHR, CHRP, GPHR or HRMP desirable
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to be able to analyze and resolve complex issues
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Conflict resolution and effective listening skills
- Ability to provide constructive feedback for development while using a strong customer service approach
- Effective verbal and written communications
- Microsoft Office Suite
- HRIS systems (preferably Oracle)
- Call center technology, including case management ("ticketing") tools
- Management principles
- Human Resources related Jurisdictional laws, legislation, rules and regulations for North America required; multi-national knowledge preferred
- Human Resources best practices and principles
- French and/or Spanish language is an asset
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top