Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an HR Generalist to join our team. You will Report through to the Team Lead , and the incumbent's primary role is to provide HR subject matter advice and counsel for multiple business units within the region. This entry level professional position is geared towards an individual with demonstrated interpersonal skills and education in HR. Join our collaborative HR team and play an important role delivering HR services.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Quickly establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal client groups, including employees, managers, and senior leaders.
- In consultation with your Team Lead, advocate regional business needs and partner with Talent Services to assess and develop integrated HR solutions for Business Centers.
- Proactively partners with Business Center Leadership to develop and execute an overall people management strategy including; communication, engagement, talent development, succession planning, change management, diversity and inclusion to positively impact Stantec's culture.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and partner through negotiation and resolution on a variety of managerial, employee, and organizational issues managing deviations from standard practices and consulting with more senior HR professionals on unusual issues.
- Provides strategic guidance and supports in the development of applicable action plans on HR related issues such as legislated and procedural compliance, interpretation of company policies, company programs, performance management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, retention, and talent acquisition.
- Facilitates the performance management cycle, the compensation planning cycle, as well as ad-hoc employee changes.
- Develops and implements HR-related projects and participates as a team member on special projects as needed. May lead local or regional projects.
- Assists with relevant HR administrative tasks as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience operating independently to resolve routine HR issues in a large and changing environment.
- Previous experience working in a team environment
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to quickly establish and build effective working relationships.
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, sound judgment as well as possess critical thinking in ambiguous situations.
- Balance strategic and operational tasks with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the core HR competencies including but not limited to compensation, benefits, employment law, organizational development, talent development and training, mentoring/coaching/facilitation, recruitment and workforce planning and an overall understanding of HR policies and programs and other terms and conditions of employment, along with an understanding of HR best practices.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Proficient MS Office Suite skills preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or related field; Minimum of 2 years of related work experience. HR certifications such as a CHRP/CHRL preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Travel may be required between local offices and throughout the region.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: HR Generalist
Primary Location: Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002E0
Back to top