- Saskatoon, Canada
core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing
engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From
approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put
the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we
create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to
communities around the globe.
As a Hoisting
Specialist and senior contributor on our professional consulting services team,
your role is to work independently on large projects of high complexity, and/or
as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. You
are responsible for developing and implementing an engineering discipline group
equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations,
technical and supervisory capabilities and operating procedures to successfully
and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client
satisfaction and on-time delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for lead engineer/hoistingrole for large projects of high complexity.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies,and engineers all hoisting/engineering systems or products for a project.
- Act as technical advisor onmore unusual and complex issues and guide staff on solutions.
- Provides direct oversight toassigned staff; develop staff skills and abilities by providing guidanceand mentoring to strengthen technical abilities.
- Participates in local andinternational technical committees
- Utilizes technologies indevelopment of models of hoisting systems and provides markups for juniorengineers/ designers.
- Recognized opportunities to develop innovative technologies and contributes knowledge and ideas for successful implementation.
- Oversees and manages multipleprojects.
- Develops project scope,budgets, and design approach for all size projects
- Project tracking/monitoring -budget and schedule with the help of project control personnel.
- Leads project coordinationmeetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner andcontractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Conducts quality assurance andquality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Prepares and revisesdocumentation in various mechanical phases.
- Contributes to hazardidentification, risk assessment and prevention through design processes.
- Collaborate with other businesscenters in Stantec (if required) to execute projects and secure resources.
- Understand and direct workwithin Stantec's quality control guidelines.
- Become a champion of Stantec'sEH&S program, with a focus on safety in the field.
- Complete staff resourceplanning for assigned projects and participate in employee recruitingwhere required
- Manage and execute hoisting andengineering deliverables on multiple projects in a dynamic workenvironment.
- Develop client relationshipsand support business development to help ensure project backlog.
- Assists with the development ofproposals.
- Prepare technical papers andpresent at technical conferences
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge,interpretation, and application of the hoisting standards.
- Strong understanding of allphases of project document production and the relationship betweendrawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of hoisting systems,means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or moreteams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others foraccuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget andschedule.
- Participates and collaboratesin project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to oversee and executework through a team of more junior engineers.
- Demonstrates creativity,foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solvingproblems.
- Thorough understanding ofmechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas toothers.
- Strong consulting skillsincluding ability to act as main point of contact to various stakeholders.
- Strong presentation andinterview skills.
- Leading by example, integratescontinuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of thejob.
- Field experience is preferred.
- Proven mentoring skills anddesire to work with and encourage junior staff.
- Outstanding written and verbalcommunication skills, and a proven ability to write clear, thoroughtechnical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to handlemultiple jobs/projects.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizationalskills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamicand fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to usestandard computer applications including, but not limited to MicrosoftOffice Suite and AutoCAD.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering
Working towards licensure is considered an asset
Leadership experience is a plus
Minimum of 15-17 years of work related
Typical office environment working with
computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may
include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the
employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or
may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest
come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on
the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001CQ
Back to top