Your Opportunity At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. The goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Your Duties Our Mining group has a need for a Hoisting Engineer to join our specialized mine hoisting team. This position can be based out of our office in Saskatoon SK, or Tempe AZ. You would work with various clients in completing feasibility studies, detailed engineering projects and operating site support for underground mining operations.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Understanding and working per the requirements of the Stantec Safety As a Stantec employee you are expected to make a personal commitment towards preserving the health and safety of all our employees. You will demonstrate your commitment to safety on a daily basis through actions and involvement in your work, by ensuring compliance to the company safety programs and initiatives, and strictly adhering to rules, regulations and procedures. Your personal commitment to safety will help us achieve our goal of zero harm within our operations.
- Working in compliance with all Health and Safety rules and regulations for Stantec and its
- Ensuring all applicable safety codes, regulations and guidelines are met by appropriate design and use of
- Review and analysis of drawings for possible safety and constructibility problems prior to issue to clients
- Under the oversight of the Hoisting Discipline Lead, execution of the hoisting scope of projects ranging from feasibility studies to detailed engineering from client requests through to construction support and commissioning;
- Coordination of project delivery by communicating with engineers, designers, project managers, procurement teams and construction management teams to ensure the design will be delivered according to safety, quality, schedule and budget;
- Contributing to or completing hoisting system designs and modifications including completion of hoisting design bases, schematics, calculations including duty cycles, equipment sizing and certification of the systems;
- Equipment design and specification followed by procurement, conformance and fabrication support for hoisting plant equipment including but not limited to hoists, shaft conveyances, sheaves, catch gear/arrestors, hoist ropes and hoist rope attachments;
- Perform various office tasks as required to deliver a quality product on schedule.
Your Capabilities and Credentials As the ideal candidate you will have:
- You are a licensed Professional Engineer or progressing toward eligibility in the appropriate province/state with excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and familiarity with Mine Health and Safety Regulations;
- 1-5+ experience in mine hoisting systems including system design, specification, equipment selection, commissioning, operation and maintenance;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team atmosphere;
- You must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team setting.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top