Your Opportunity: Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Duties: Stantec's multi-disciplinary office located in New York, NY has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Civil Engineer with highway design experience. We seek a team player who desires a highly collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills, and strong design capabilities. We seek a candidate to participate on high profile and transformative design projects on an interdisciplinary team. We offer an energetic office in a downtown setting and great potential for growth to go along with our excellent benefits.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Civil Engineering
- Five to ten (5-10) years of civil engineering experience, with an emphasis in highway design
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E.), (NY State P.E. preferred)
- Preparation of preliminary and final design plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Experience in highway design including alignments, profiles, site grading and drainage, utilities and MPT
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience preparing preliminary and final design plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Proficient in Microstation, InRoads and/or AutoCAD, Civil 3D (MicroStation, InRoads preferred)
- Experience in managing DOT projects, preferably with NYSDOT, as well as any of the following: Port Authority of NY and NJ, EDC, DDC, and design-build projects
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top