Heavy Civil Project Manager - Slayden
Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, is currently seeking a Heavy Civil Project Manager to manage and support our self-performing teams on Heavy Civil - fisheries, dams, and hydro - projects in the Pacific Northwest region.
In conjunction with the Project Management Team, the Heavy Civil Project Manager is accountable for providing direction and leadership associated with assigned, self-performed activities and has primary profit and loss responsibility for managed project(s). The Heavy Civil PM must insure work is performed on budget, on schedule, in accordance with Slayden/MWH Constructors Policy and all engineering standards.
• Provide leadership and technical support to project engineers, field engineers and superintendents.
• Profit & Loss Responsibility.
• Procurement - Material Purchases and Negotiation.
• Change Management and Cost Estimating.
• Revenue and cost forecasting.
• Scheduling - Assist with the creation and maintenance of project schedule.
• Responsible for the safe conduct of Slayden personnel to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
• Coordinate with Project Superintendents: Includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary facilities and controls.
• Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
• Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
• Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
• Maintain liaison with other departments (e.g., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
• Work jointly with other members of the project team to complete the Slayden/MWH Constructors MAP prior to initiating any fieldwork. Use the planning guidelines and tools provided throughout the project.
• Work in a manner to ensure your personal safety and ensure that direct reporting employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
Back to top