Healthcare Project Manager, Mechanical
Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
We are looking for a skilled Healthcare Project Manager, Mechanical in our Seattle, WA office.
Your Duties The Healthcare Project Manager, Mechanical applies buildings mechanical engineering principles, superior client service skills, and project management best practices to deliver healthcare projects that meet project requirements, exceed client expectations, and meet project financial and other objectives. This individual welcomes opportunities and challenges within a healthcare project, and brings consulting skills into each client interaction. The Project Manager adds value while helping differentiate Stantec from other firms and position itself as a top tier design firm in the industry.
The successful candidate:
- Successfully manages healthcare projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading multi-discipline resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong mechanical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for mechanical engineering projects.
- May periodically act as QC reviewer on projects.
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
- Develops and delivers project related client presentations.
- Maintains and expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
- Attends and leads in-house project meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Experience, Education, and Certification:
- Professional Engineering License is required for this position.
- Bachelors' degree in related field plus 10+ years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Experience designing HVAC and plumbing systems for the built environment.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Understanding and implementation of the principles of project management.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
- Fundamental understanding of NFPA 99-2012, ASHRAE 170, and the 2014 FGI Guidelines as they specifically apply to Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and medical office buildings.
- Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Deep understanding of healthcare plumbing and medical gas systems.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects while maintaining the process driven requirements of healthcare facilities.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
- Functional knowledge of BIM software; in particular, Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage items of risk that may occur on projects.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage potential unanticipated scope.
- Project Management Professional certification a plus.
- LEED AP Credential
- Familiarity with various construction delivery processes such as Design assist and Design-Build.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top