Healthcare Project Manager, Mechanical
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
The Project Manager, Mechanical applies buildings mechanical engineering principles, superior client service skills, and project management best practices to deliver projects that meet project requirements, exceed client expectations, and meet project financial and other objectives. This individual welcomes opportunities and challenges within a project and brings consulting skills into each client interaction. The Project Manager adds value while helping differentiate Stantec from other firms and position itself as a top tier design firm in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Successfully manages projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong mechanical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for mechanical engineering projects.
- May periodically act as QC reviewer on projects.
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities for new business.
- Develops and delivers project related client presentations.
- Maintains and expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
- Attends and leads in-house project meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience designing HVAC and plumbing systems for the built environment.
- Training and professional experience in project management.
- Client consulting experience.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
- Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards, including . CMC, CPC, CFC, CBC, NFPA, and ASHRAE, as well as LEED and green building requirements.
- Deep understanding of building systems.
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following markets: healthcare, higher education, or science and technology.
- Ability to collaborate with architects, engineers, contractors, and facilities, both stakeholders and key decision-makers.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects.
- Familiarity with various construction delivery processes such as Design-Build.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
- Functional knowledge of recent versions of CAD and BIM technologies; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience
Bachelors' degree in related field plus 10 years related professional experience. Healthcare experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills. Professional Engineering license highly preferred. Project Management Professional certification a plus. LEED AP Credential.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Designer
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002ME
Back to top