Healthcare Mechanical Project Manager
- Seattle, WA
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
The Healthcare Mechanical Project Manager applies building mechanical engineering principles, superior client service skills, and project management best practices to deliver healthcare projects that meet project requirements, exceed client expectations, and meet project financial and other objectives. This individual welcomes opportunities and challenges within a healthcare project, and brings consulting skills into each client interaction. The Project Manager adds value while helping differentiate Stantec from other firms and position itself as a top tier design firm in the industry.
Your Key Responsibilities
Project Involvement - approximately 85 - 90% of time
- Successfully manages healthcare projects and tasks of a scope, complexity and revenue budget appropriate to experience.
- Applies buildings engineering and project management knowledge while leading multi-discipline resources to meet project requirements within established time frames and budgets.
- Shares knowledge with others by serving as a trainer, mentor and resource.
- Holds project team members accountable for deliverables.
- Meets technical, contractual, schedule, budgetary and client service objectives for each project.
- Applies strong mechanical engineering skills, experience and knowledge to the design and oversight of the design, for building projects.
- Manages and plans the production resources and workflow to produce the design documentation, drawings, and calculations required for mechanical engineering projects.
- May periodically act as QC reviewer on projects.
- Effectively delegates work to production support staff.
Business Development/Marketing - approximately 5% of time
- Nurtures existing client relationships and proactively pursues opportunities or new business.
- Develops and delivers project related client presentations.
Learning/Maintaining Expanding Technical Skills - approximately 2-3% of time
- Maintains and expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
- Proactively pursues additional knowledge in related disciplines by attending available in house and external training.
Studio and Firm meetings, initiatives, and projects - approximately 1% of time
- Attends and leads in-house project meetings.
- Actively participates in meetings, initiatives, and projects that support studio and firm-wide goals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Understanding and implementation of the principles of project management.
- Ability to manage clients, projects, fee, scope and teams to achieve budget, schedule and deliverable objectives while meeting key stakeholder critical success factors.
- Fundamental understanding of NFPA 99-2012, ASHRAE 170, and the 2014 FGI Guidelines as they specifically apply to Hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and medical office buildings.
- Familiarity with, and ability to produce, project-related documents and documentation standards required of a Project Manager.
- Ability to integrate design elements with other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Deep understanding of healthcare plumbing and medical gas systems.
- Familiarity with and ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects while maintaining the process driven requirements of healthcare facilities.
- Strong client communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to apply logic, reasoning, and organizational skills to structure concepts and ideas into projects.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and BIM software; in particular, Revit MEP.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage items of risk that may occur on projects.
- Knowledge and experience to identify and manage potential unanticipated scope.
Education and Experience
- Professional Engineering License.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 10-15 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP) certification; LEED AP; ASHRAE Healthcare Facility Design Professional (HFDP) certification; and Experience in client consulting and designing HVAC and plumbing systems for the built environment.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200000Z9
Back to top