Health, Safety, Security and Environment Specialist
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
Stantec is seeking an individual to join our industrial hygiene and safety team in providing services to clients primarily in the US, but also in Canada, and also to assist with implementation of Stantec's internal Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) program. Under the direction of the Sr. Industrial Hygienist/US-Subject Matter Expert for Industrial Hgyiene, the Health, Safety, Security and Environment Specialist will provide H&S services at client sites and prepare various types of reports to document such services.
This is a full-time position, consisting of 40 hours per work week.
- Provide health and safety and industrial hygiene consulting services for a variety of projects and clients (including industrial/manufacturing companies).
- The successful candidate will travel independently for field studies (e.g. air and noise monitoring, etc.) at various locations throughout the United States.
- The amount of travel will vary monthly but will range from 40% to 70% of the time, some of which will be local and thus require driving (no airline travel) only.
- This position will be mentored by a Stantec Senior Industrial Hygienist.
- Employee will also have the opportunity to learn and become involved with environmental compliance and industrial engineering projects involving regulatory aspects of air, water, and waste and hazardous waste/spills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Candidates for this position should have at least a bachelor's degree in Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or a related curriculum, although a degree in one of the Natural Sciences (Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science) will also be considered.
- One (1) to three (3) years of applied work experience in health and safety consulting, industrial hygiene monitoring, and OSHA compliance is desired.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following fields:
- OSHA Regulations
- EPA/DNR Regulations
- EPA/DNR/OSHA reporting requirements
- Personal Protective Equipment Use & Limitations
- OSHA Permissible Exposure Limits & Industrial Hygiene Monitoring
- Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Equipment
- Microsoft Excel & Word
- Candidate must be able to work as a member of a team but more so independently.
- Candidate must be capable of managing and demonstrating a high level of detail in the scope of work they will be doing.
- In addition, they must be willing to travel independently, and be able to effectively communicate orally with existing clients and be willing to receive guidance and training from senior Stantec employees.
- Strong writing skills are a high priority.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top