Group Leader - Water/Wastewater
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
An opportunity exists within Stantec's North Carolina Water Sector for a Practice Lead with municipal infrastructure experience to join our team.
The successful candidate will use their business development, management and technical abilities to direct a team of highly talented design professionals and technicians to deliver projects involving the planning and design of a wide array of civil and water resources projects, predominantly water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure.
- Lead business development and marketing by building new and cultivating existing client relationships
- Lead proposal development, including scope, budget, schedule, contractnegotiations and managing client relations to ensure complete satisfaction
- Serve as an Account Manager for key accounts
- Participate directly in projects as a Principal In Charge or Project Manager
- Maintain a high profile externally through membership in professional organizations, continually increasing client contact base
- Mentor and manage a team of design professionals and technicians
- Lead and manage preparation of construction documents including; plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Research and understand issues related to regulatory and other drivers that impact individual projects
- Ensure that projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Undergraduate degree in engineering is required
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience in water/municipal infrastructure-related fields
- Licensed Professional Engineer(P.E.) in the State of North Carolina or the ability to obtain registration within six (6) months of hire
- Possess Raleigh area municipal-client relationships
- Proven track record of success in winning and managing water/wastewater projects
- Highly organized and self-motivated, resilient under stress, team oriented
- Demonstrated expertise in Water/Wastewater and Water Resources
- Seen as a leader, as a result of your technical, industry and competitive knowledge
- Strong professional interpersonal skills, especially communication and team building
- Highly effective verbal and written communicationHighly ambitious and a desire to lead a rapidly emerging market area for Stantec
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 10
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top