Ground Disturbance Inspector (Pipeline) - Independent Contractor.
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
The Pipeline Protection Desigate is responsible to monitor construction activities to assure conformance to the pipeline protection policies and standards. Assisting in the planning of pipeline protection and monitoring in-process construction practices, the Pipeline Protection Designate mitigates the risks to existing and third party infrastructure. Acting as the primary liaison between the Contractor and Construction Management Inspection (CMI) Team for pipeline protection issues, the PPD will support the Contractor to ensure that the pipeline protection requirements of the project are understood and achieved.
We are looking to fill this position for opportunities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Drive a culture of ground disturbance safety and regulatory compliance.
- Facilitate and/or lead survey and crossing meetings with Contractor, CMI team, and third parties.
- Ensure personnel on site involved with earthworks, excavations, and crossing are competent with respect to ground disturbance practices.
- Monitor and support Ground Disturbance Inspectors and participate in Contractor safety meetings to ensure that ground disturbance practices retain a high profile for the duration of the project.
- Coordinate, support and monitor line locating Contractor activities.
- Issue and/or review ground disturbance permits and monitor activities to ensure conformance with permit conditions.
- Manage and/or support one-call notification process and document retention.
- Read and interpret civil drawings and survey drawings.
- Monitor daylighting and excavating activities.
- Monitor the application of protective membranes and padding.
- Monitor initial bedding and backfill activities.
- Conduct right of way patrols and monitor crossings performed by the Contractor and third parties.
- Respond, document, and investigate potential ground disturbance practice violations.
- Identify mitigating measures that will contribute to improvements in ground disturbance practices.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification required for all pipeline positions, this is not a requirement when working on pumping stations or terminals.
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementing skills.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in use of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
10 years industrial and/or pipeline construction experience with a minimum of 5 years in a supervision or inspection role.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Alberta, Canada-British Columbia
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000000Q
Back to top